Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Prospects...

I've had two jobs that I applied for contact me this week. Unfortunately, due to my current internship commitments  I cannot interview at this time for either of the jobs. But, both jobs are going to hold my resume so that's great!

The first job contacted me about two weeks ago and said they'd call me back about an interview. They called back two weeks later but told me they would be willing to hold my resume and contact me again in mid-January. This job is in North Jersey and does a lot of marketing relations with the mid-Atlantic sports, entertainment and retail. The job sounds great but it's definitely not my first choice.

The second one contacted me yesterday and I talked to them today. They are based in Southern California and do relations with more telecom groups. They were very enthusiastic about my resume and loved that I went to Penn State. What I liked about them is that they told me a lot more about their company and what I would be doing if I was offered a job. Plus, they told me they would stay in contact with me and make sure to make room for an interview when I'm in the L.A. area.

I don't know how I'm going to get to California; I don't really have a reason to travel out there in the near future. The job in North Jersey is more doable since I don't live far from it. But, I'm not totally sure about California. I've always wanted to move out West but I can't go there with no job and put my eggs in one basket. I do have some friends in the area who might be willing to house me sooner than later, but I can't totally depend on that.

My parents have been very supportive and they want me to do whatever makes me happy. Everything relies on whether I get this internship or not. I don't find out for another week and a half if I got in or not. And honestly, I'm not sure which I want to happen- the internship or the job. My future hasn't been written yet but the anticipation is distracting!